Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rock plants ok




flowers.gif
Flowers - flowers.gif



White Lotus blossom almost like a snow flake - a Cambodia dwarf lotus. This white mini-lotus was almost haunting me since days. The mini-lotus ( may be a dwarf lotus ) is so tiny and cute yet most difficult to photograph. Today however was my lucky day in a lotus pond area far from my place. The price for the dwarf-lotus photos: A whole bunch of leeches on my legs! Nothing serious, but now I know that we have many different types of different leeches in Cambodia! Different colors and different sizes.

The size of the small lotus blossom is about as wide as my thumb! The anatomy and physiology of this lotus is different from other lotus seen so far and later I may elaborate more in details.
In album Lotus flower photo - Lotus blossom images - Lotus pond photos

atheana
DCF 1.0

DCF 1.0

atheana
DCF 1.0

DCF 1.0



One of my highlights at this year's show has been the 'Art in the Garden'. As you wander around the showground you come across a variety of work from fibreglass cows to steel, pine and charcoal sculptures, as well as more traditional artwork, using willow and oak. moorcroft.jpgNot to be outdone however, many garden designers have used art in their show gardens. The Moorcroft Natural Woman Garden incorporates a handcrafted Moorcroft tile featuring the garden's plants, bees and butterflies. There's even more artwork from designers who are showcasing their work here. leaping_hare.jpgOne of my favourites is by an artist who has created leaping hares from twisted, plastic-coated wire - he's really managed t o inject movement into his pieces. I'd love to take one home but I can't afford the price tag.
Info from:

No comments:

Post a Comment